The Madison Arts Production Center (MAPC) provides high quality, functional, affordable production space, equipment, and theatrical inventory for Madison area artists and arts organizations. CTM owns an extensive stock of scenery, costumes, props, stage lights, and sound equipment. The inventory is available for rental to support your production.
Our 10,000 sq. ft. production facility provides arts organizations and artists a space in which to work and personnel to build your shows. The facility is open for membership to organizations and individuals on a project basis or time basis. Full memberships include access to the entire production inventory and facility for an affordable annual fee. A variety of membership levels are available.
CTM can also be hired to build and paint a single specialty prop or your whole set. Rates are negotiated on a project basis and will save you time, money, and labor costs. Our commitment to sustainability and reusing and recycling materials motivates us to work with your organization to provide high production values while taking care of our environment.
The Center is part of CTM's ongoing efforts to help our community be more financially and ecologically sustainable by:
• Reducing waste, and excessive duplication of physical resources
• Providing safe, functional, and organized facilities for the creation of art of all kinds in Madison
• Stimulating the economic viability of arts organizations by enabling budget savings through organizational cooperation
• Creating a central stock material rental and loan program to benefit area companies, schools, and other organizations
• Encouraging more environmentally responsible practices throughout the Madison arts community by supporting the conservation of materials
• Conserving the finances of artists and arts organizations through organized sharing
The CTM scene shop is centrally located in Madison and is fully equipped for working with both wood and metal construction.
It also has:
• A 48' x 28' paint deck and fully equipped paint room
• Separate working area for prop artisans
• Break room equipped with refrigerator, microwave, and water cooler
• Free wi-fi
• Three truck-height loading docks
• Pallets and pallet jack for moving large items
Shop rental costs can be designed to include our Technical Director's services.
The Madison Arts Production Center was created thanks, in part, to the generous support of the Madison Community Foundation.
The Madison Community Foundation encourages, facilitates and manages long-term philanthropy.
For more information about the Madison Community Foundation please click HERE.