COVID-19 Safety Procedures for Summer Stage 2021
In Person Programs
Our primary concern is the safety of our students during the Covid-19 pandemic. In addition to adhering to Dane County’s Health and Safety guidelines, we have instituted the following procedures and policies for in-person CTM classes.
NOTE: These procedures are subject to change. All updates can be found here and will be emailed to all participating CTM Summer Stage families.
CLASS SIZE / STRUCTURE:
- No more than 15 students per class
- Shortened class time to reduce exposure
- Staggered start and ending times for classes to help minimize traffic during drop off and pick up
MASKS / SANITIZING
- Masks must be worn by students and staff at all times (except while eating). This includes indoor and outdoor activities.
- Hand sanitizer will be available in every room
- Specific cleaning protocols articulated: wiping down door knobs and surfaces, not sharing props/materials broadly, scheduled hand washing sessions, etc.
- Socially distanced classes (all activities, staging, and meals will occur with students 3-6 feet apart as best as they can)
- Each class will have two rehearsal spaces that are not shared with any other classes in any given week (typically on the same floor to minimize heavy traffic in the building)
- Conduct singing rehearsals in the largest indoor spaces or outdoor spaces
- We aim to have a limited number of people in the main lobby at a time.
- Lunch time requirements: students will only eat with their program group, either socially distanced in their rehearsal spaces or outdoor spaces. As always, no one is allowed to share food.
- We will not be hosting pizza parties for three week programs this summer due to covid.
DROP OFF / TEMPERATURE CHECK / PICK UP
- Our Pick Up and Drop off procedure will ensure that youth temperatures are checked & Screening questions are asked each day, students are not gathering en masse in spaces but moving swiftly to their designated studio space.
- Families members must wear a mask during students’ temperature checks.
- We ask all family members to remain in their vehicle during drop off and pick up.
- We strongly encourage families to not use the building unless they are there for a sharing or an emergency.
SUPPLIES / COSTUMING
- For all of our programs (including 3 week programs), students will be asked to bring the bulk of their costume from home. There will be no costume fittings as there have been in the past for production based programs. As always, we encourage families to use what they already own and not purchase anything extra.
- We may ask families to bring some of their own basic art supplies (pens, pencils, markers, crayons, highlighters, notebooks, etc.) to reduce the need for shared materials. We will have all of these supplies on hand for any family who is unable to provide their own.
We thank all of our CTM families in advance for adhering to our policies. Here is to a safe Summer Stage at CTM!