CTM recognizes the value and importance of reflecting the diversity of our audience and community on stage and actively recruits and seeks BIPOC performers for all casting.
Want to be on the mailing list for auditions? CLICK HERE!
* * * * * * *
* * * * * * *
MOLE HILL STORIES: adapted by Alvaro Saar Rios, directed by Jamal Howard. Sept 13 – Oct 30, 2022. Starts rehearsal September 13th
A CHRISTMAS CAROL: by Charles Dickens, newly adapted by Charlotte T. Martin, directed by Brian Cowing. Nov 1 – Dec 23, 2022. Starts rehearsal November 4th.
FINDER AND THE NORTH STAR: World Premiere by Erica Berman, directed by C. Michael Wright. Jan 17 – Mar 5, 2023. Starts rehearsal January 17th.
PETER PAN: A musical based on the play by Sir J.M. Barrie, directed by Roseann Sheridan. March 14 – April 30, 2023. Starts rehearsal March 14th.
* * * * * * *
ROLES AVAILABLE IN OUR SEASON
- All shows include young performers alongside professional adult actors.
- All casts seek to include diversity of race, ethnicity/cultural backgrounds, and gender identification.
- A Christmas Carol and Peter Pan have the most roles available and the largest age range (ages 8-18).
- Both Mole Hill Stories and Finder... seek actors who can speak some Spanish.
- Peter Pan is a musical; all actors cast will be required to sing and dance.
- Mole Hill Stories is a bi-lingual (English & Spanish) play of 3 fables about teamwork. Characters are animals, such as Raccoon, Mole, and Skunk. Actors will also become natural elements like wind, water and flowers. The ability to speak some Spanish is helpful.
- Finder & The North Star is a story of a young person who makes a silent wish, and embarks on a magical journey in search of fulfilling it.
- You do not have to have previous acting or CTM experience to be cast.
- Rehearsals are held at MYArts, 1055 E. Mifflin St.
- A Christmas Carol & Peter Pan perform at Overture Center.
- Mole Hill Stories and Finder & The North Star perform at MYArts
- Rehearsals are weeknights and weekends; schedules vary based on the show and the role. A detailed rehearsal schedule is sent out 2-3 weeks before the first rehearsal.
- Some conflicts can be accommodated but we ask that you prioritize the show if you are cast since there is a limited amount of time for rehearsals and performances.
* * * * * * * * * * *
This audition can include a re-telling in your own words of a fable or myth; yourself singing a song, whether it's a song from a show or something else; a short monologue that displays your acting ability and range; any special skills you may have (dance, instruments, odd talents, etc.), or anything else you would like us to know about you.