CTM EDUCATION CLASSES
BEHAVIORAL VALUES & SUPPORTS
At CTM, we aim to create a brave space where students can explore, create, and take creative risks. We encourage our students and staff to collaborate on and adhere to community agreements, foster an environment of mutual respect, and celebrate visible and invisible differences in identity, gender expression, age, culture, ethnicity, race, sexual orientation, physical ability, learning style, religion, nationality and life experiences that span these differences.
WHAT WE BELIEVE
- We believe that all students are welcome at CTM
- We believe that employing anti racist teaching practices make space for all students
- We believe that learning is a joyous experience and that all students deserve to be celebrated
- We believe that learning can be challenging and if a student is having a challenging time, there’s a reason for it
- We believe that all students at one time or another need some extra support in order to succeed
WHAT WE WON’T STAND FOR
- Any form of physical or verbal abuse
- The use of illegal substances
HOW WE SUPPORT OUR STUDENTS
- At registration, we ask families to provide any information that may be helpful to working with their student
- We reach out to families whose student needs accommodations in order to best prepare them for classes at CTM
- If we notice a student struggling in the program, we will work as an educational and administrative team to best support that student
- If there is a circumstance where we realize a student has needs beyond our ability to support, we will reach out to that student’s family to create a strategy.
- We do not have the capacity to support students who require one-on-one assistance or attention from CTM staff in order to make their experience at CTM safe or successful for themselves and their peers. When possible, we welcome the additional support of a student’s one-on-one paraprofessional. In some cases where a successful strategy can not be achieved, sending a child home from the program is the best course of action.